Tucker Rec Arts
General Studio Rules/Procedures
- ALL STUDENTS must have a Rec Center Card that will be issued by the staff at the front desk. You may not enter the building without checking in with your card at the front entrance. This is a security measure that ensures that we always know who is in the building and can account for our students in case of an emergency.
- Tucker Rec Arts is a community studio. Its purpose is to provide creative opportunities for our participants in a safe and hassle-free environment. Keep your political or other controversial discussions to yourself. Let your work do the talking!
- MASKS ARE NOT CURRENTLY REQUIRED IN THE STUDIO, but this policy is subject to change as the COVID-19 Pandemic changes. We strongly encourage you to bring a N95 mask to class to protect your lungs while sanding, spraying, or other processes that allow for art making materials to get airborne.
- DO NOT bring guests or children to adult classes or open studio without consent from your instructor or director. Pets are not allowed in the studio.
- We believe in a “leave it cleaner than you found it” policy at the studios at Tucker Rec. Return all tools to their proper place, clean and ready for the next student. Report any damages or provided diminished consumables to your instructor (i.e. broken tools, empty underglaze, etc.).
- Please remember that you represent our program at Tucker Rec. We are a private organization that functions at this city-run building. Please treat the staff, building, and classrooms with the same respect that you expect.
- Class cancellations due to inclement weather, instructor illness, or Rec Center closures will be rescheduled by your instructor. There are no make-up classes or refunds if you miss a class due to your own scheduling conflicts or illness.
- The programs at Tucker Rec are community programs. We reserve the right to refund and revoke class participation in situations where students do not respect the rules and procedures.
Ceramics Studio Rules/Procedures
Clay may be purchased for $25 per 25lb. bag. Clay must be purchased through your instructor and payment must be made immediately upon receipt. No clay may be purchased during open studio.
All ceramics classes include glazes, stains, slips, and firing.
Ceramics students should bring a towel and any tools that you wish to use. We have some tools for beginning classes and are well equipped with essentials, but we may not have everything that you may want. Ask your instructor for advice for acquiring anything you wish to purchase beyond our equipment. Davens Ceramic Center offers a 10% discount to students of Tucker Rec Arts.
No outside clays or glazes are allowed in the Ceramics Studio without instructor or director consent. Damages to equipment may occur if this rule isn’t strictly followed. Costs associated with repairs due to failure to follow this rule may be billed to the student.
No outside ceramic work from anyone other than the student taking class will be fired.
The ceramic studio at Tucker Rec is not a production facility. We are not capable of serving the community needs and supporting the firing and supply needs of working artists.
Open studio is available this quarter. Students taking AM classes can come as early as 9:30 AM the day of their class and stay as late as 3 PM. Students taking PM classes may come as early as 3 PM the day of their class. Open studio is not available on the first day of classes. The schedule for this may change at any time.
Who we are:
Our website address is: https://tuckerrecarts.com.
Suggested text: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites:
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with:
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data:
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.